1.31.2011

Day 1

Today I am starting 1 month of Medifast.  I have gained 30 lbs since graduating from law school in 2007.  I had a baby 6 months ago, nursed for the past 5 months, got down to my pre-baby weight, and now I am seeing the weight start to creep up again.

This past weekend, I saw some photos of me at the zoo with my family.  I had no idea how thick and tank-like I had become.  I have gone from this (I am on the far left):

to this (I am in the orange sweater, with my back to the camera):


It is time for change.

I have done Weight Watchers in the past with varied success.  Right now, between working a full-time job and caring for my family, I was looking for something that required less thinking.

A friend of mine is a coach for/sell Medifast, and she and her family have seen results.  I am going to give this diet a try, and hopefully, I can jumpstart my weight loss.

So far, I have had three Medifast meals, a tablespoon of peanut butter, a piece of gum, 2 cups of coffee, and 3 large glasses of water.  I am starving, my head is hurting, and I am having a difficult time concentrating. 

How will I make it through this day?  And be productive? 

4 comments:

  1. Love you and am proud of how hard you are working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you too...and that zoo picture isnt really how you look. I think that is an unflattering angle!
    I was uber impressed with your self control yesterday! You can do it...and then we can party big on the Big 3-0!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unflattering angle or not, i need to lose some poundage. But thank you. And yes, we need to celebrate in high style when I turn 30 - it will be the end of an era...my twenties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only you would blog about this! That's one of the many reasons I love you! :) I am super impressed...taking it public makes you stronger to the commitment, right? Nice! I have a friend who is getting married in June and she is trying to lose about the same amount of weight. I myself need to lose that nice spare tire left behind by Baby Gray. Well, who am I kidding, I have always had the tire! But, it seems to be a good bit flabbier since she came along and I would really enjoy fitting back into my ALL of my clothes, dang it! Anyhow, we have been exercising together at my house for a few weeks now and we just started P90X. It's brutal, but it promises results. I haven't changed my diet yet, which is a major hiccup in progress, but I'm just not committed to giving up pizza and chocolate! Are you still breastfeeding? We are still trucking along and I'm starting to wonder how the exercise is affecting my breast milk. It seems to be diminishing. Such is life. Thanks for the inspiration! You are doing awesome!! Keep it up and good luck!! Love you! (Oh, and I totally second the use of the (!)) :)

    ReplyDelete