2.02.2011

Medifast Day 3 - truckin' along, but still hungry.

Yesterday was better.  I was not as hungry and I found a couple of things that I actually liked.  The Medifast blueberry oatmeal and banana pudding were okay.  The granola type bars are what I eat in the morning, and they are as good as any bar you can buy at a grocery store.  They are just not as big.

Last night we ate at Central BBQ.  I did my best - ate pulled pork and two sides of turnip greens.  Later I realized that eating the pork with so much BBQ sauce was not allowed, and I probably ate too many ounces of the pork. 

All in all, this is what I ate yesterday:

Peanut Butter Crunch bar
Blueberry Oatmeal
Cream of Broccoli soup with 3 stalks of celery
Banana Pudding
Vanilla Shake
Lean and Green: pulled pork, 2 servings of turnip greens, 2 dill pickle spears.
Cocktail:  cranberry vodka and diet sprite (not allowed ever, but I'm not giving it up completely)

I think my issue is with the condiments/optional snacks.  I typically put 2 splendas in my coffee, plus one creamer.  Then later in the day, I like to have a stick or two of gum.  In the evening, if I am having a veggie, I would probably use spray butter.  I also ate 3 stalks of celery and 2 dill pickle spears.  I don't think I am allowed to have all of these in one day. 

I weighed myself this morning, and the scale says that I weigh 3 lbs less than two days ago.  I'm sure this is water weight, but at least my weight isn't more than it was two days ago!

So far today, I have eaten a fruit and nut bar and honey mustard pretzels.  The bar was good, the pretzels were just okay.  I am very hungry, and I have a headache.  Hopefully my lunch of chicken and wild rice soup with 3 stalks of celery will help. 

Tonight, I have friends coming over, and they are going to eat pizza.  I am going to eat my chicken and veggies while they nosh on yummy pizza.  I think I will make it, but it will be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment