2.11.2011

Day 12

So far, I'm still going strong!  A couple of days this week I have been pretty hungry by the end of the day, but I think that might have something to do with the fact that I ate higher carbohydrate vegetables on those days (which means less veggies overall).

I am really starting to see a difference in my body, which is so motivating.  Even the Knight can tell a difference.  That is a first in my life.  Normally, I can lose 10 lbs and he doesn't notice.  So far, my stomach and behind have shrunk the most.

The best feeling?  Two weeks ago, I could barely squeeze into these jeans and had to use a rubberband looped through the button hole and around the button to keep them from being uncomfortable (an early pregnancy trick). 

Yesterday, we had a snow day and I decided to wear those jeans to work.  Guess what?  NO NEED for the rubberband and NO MUFFIN TOP!  I felt so svelte all day. :)

I don't know exactly how much weight I have lost so far, but I think it is between 6-8 lbs.  I think that is pretty amazing considering I have only been at this for 12 days!  I know it will slow down at some point, but I'm going to celebrate every pound lost, whether it melts off or takes a week.

Some of you have asked me if I am still nursing Baby C.  The answer is no.  I weaned her right at 6 months.  She wasn't really digging the whole breastfeeding thing anymore (she preferred the bottle once she started day care), so except for the feeding in the wee hours of the morning, I was having to pump 5 times a day to keep her satisfied.  Plus, she got a razor sharp tooth and boy did that hurt!  Medifast does have a diet for nursing mothers which I looked into, but it seemed a little too complicated for me.  I chose to finish weaning her and then start the diet. 

This weekend, the Knight and I are heading to NOLA to visit Daisy and her boyfriend.
Just hanging out naked...with roses! Just kidding.  Blame the bridesmaid dresses.  They were beautiful, but a little camera shy. :)

I know that NOLA is famous for its Creole cuisine, so I'm going to indulge, but not go overboard.  Here are some of the restaurants that Daisy suggested and that we have been considering. If you have any suggestions, let me know!

Dinner on Saturday night:
 
 
 
Brunch on Sunday morning:
http://www.patoisnola.com/
 
http://www.commanderspalace.com/


through thick and thin, Artsy Fartsy

No comments:

Post a Comment