2.07.2011

Day 8 - one week down

So, I made it through my first weekend on Medifast.  *hurrah*  Yesterday was Superbowl Sunday.  I wasn't sure how I would be able to stay on track with all of that tempting food around, but I managed to do ... okay.

Yesterday, this is what I ate:
Medifast Oatmeal/raisin bar
Lean and green - baked chicken (with just the teeniest bit of 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup baked on top), 1.5 cups of broccoli
Medifast 2 Dutch Chocolate shakes (mixed together, then blended with crushed ice and water to make a delicious chocolate shake)
Medifast  Honey Mustard Pretzels
Medifast Peanut Butter bar

I made these teeny cupcakes for the Superbowl party we attended.

I nibbled the top of one (sans frosting) to make sure they tasted okay (it was a new recipe), and of course, during the course of baking, I licked the errant frosting off of my fingers.  Other than that, I resisted the temptation of that glorious chocolate smell.  In some ways, baking them curbed my urge to eat them.  Weird, huh? 

At the party is where the cheating began:
I ate about 7-8 cocktail weenies, and 2-3 baby carrots dipped in hummus.  I also had a glass of red wine and 1/2 a beer, but since I've been drinking cocktails about every other night on Medifast, I don't really considered this cheating. 

So, it definitely was a day of cheating, but if I were to compare that day to how I would have eaten at a Superbowl party without being on Medifast, it would have probably looked more like this:
1-2 hearty servings of BBQ nachos
3-4 pieces of bread dipped in Rotel
3-5 baby carrots with hummus
7-8 cocktail weenies
1 cupcake
1 piece of German Chocolate cake
1 piece of cantaloupe
Anything else that I could graze, nibble, etc throughout the night.

All in all, I feel pretty good about it.  It doesn't hurt to know that I stepped on the scale this week and discovered that I have lost 4.6 lbs in one week!  Yay for me!

I know the weight loss will slow down at some point, but that is a great start.  Only 25.4 more lbs to go in 13 more weeks.  I hope I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment